SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
[CCITY], [CSTATEABBREV] [CPOSTALCODE]
This agreement made [LDATE] between:
[GUESTSTREETADDRESS], [GUESTSTATEABBRV] [GUESTPOSTALCODE]
(hereinafter called the Tenants) and [CTITLE] (hereinafter called the Landlord) concerning the short term rental of the property located at [PSTREETADDR], [PSTATEABBREV].
Total people in renting party: [RGUESTS_TOTAL] not to exceed [PMAXGUESTS].
Rental period begins at [RCHECKINTIME] pm on [RARRIVALDATE] and ends at [RCHECKOUTTIME] on [RDEPARTUREDATE].
Deposit due with signed agreement: $ [RDEPOSIT]
Balance due 30 days prior to commencement of the rental on [RRBALANCE_DUE_DATE]
Terms of the Agreement:
- The Landlord has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenants violate any of the terms of this agreement, the rental period shall be terminated immediately. The Tenants waive all rights to process if they fail to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. The Tenants shall vacate the premises at the expiration time and date of this agreement.
- If your cabin has a telephone, there is a long distance block on the telephone – a calling card is needed for long distance toll calls. Emergency medical and police service can be called by dialing 911.
- The Tenants shall maintain the premises in a good, clean, and ready to rent condition, and use the premises only in a careful and lawful manner. The tenants shall leave the premises in a ready to rent condition at the expiration of the rental agreement, defined by the Landlord as being immediately habitable by the next tenants except for reasonable cleaning, changing and washing linens.Tenants are expected to wash their own dishes, bag the garbage and if laundry facilities are in the cabin start a load of laundry prior to departure. Tenants shall pay for maintenance and repairs should the premises be left in a lesser condition. The tenants agree that the Landlord shall charge for any damage or excess cleaning required if tenants cause damage to the premises or its furnishings.
- The Tenants shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the bins along the curb during their stay for pickup. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash outside for long periods of time because it attracts animals.
- The Tenants shall pay for any damage done to the premises over and above normal wear and tear.
- No animals or pets of any kind will be brought onto the premises unless your cabin is a designated pet friendly cabin. Failure to follow this rule can result in eviction and a $200 cleaning fee. Pets are not allowed on the furniture or in or on the bedding. Failure to follow this rule will result in an additional $200 cleaning fee.
- The Tenants shall not sublet the property.
- The Tenants shall have no more than [PMAXGUESTS] persons reside or sleep on the premises.
- The Tenants shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding property owners. The Tenants shall not create noise or disturbances likely to disturb or annoy the surrounding property owners. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for immediate termination of this agreement and Tenants shall then immediately vacate the premises.
- There shall be no smoking inside the premises. Smoking is permitted outside the home.
- Landlord shall provide towels, linens, cups, knives, forks, spoons, dishes, and other items as commonly used by the Landlord’s family. Complimentary toilet paper, soap, dish detergent, laundry soap, and garbage bags are provided and other consumables are to be purchased by the Tennant. No reimbursement will be made for unused consumables left at the premises. If consumables exist at the premises when the Tenant arrives the Tenant is free to use them.
- The Tenants and Tenants’ Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Landlord against any and all claims of personal injury or property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance for Tenants and Guests if such coverage is desired.
- Tenants agree to pay all reasonable costs, attorney’s fees and expenses that shall be made or incurred by Landlord enforcing this agreement.
- Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
- We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. We reserve the right to correct any problems that may arise with the rental property or move your rental to a similar property. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages, moves or problems that were corrected.
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
- If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Tenant’s vacation. Tenant shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 9 am and 8 PM present or not.
- There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations or problems due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
- It is the tenant’s responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the pool or hot tub. Tenant agrees to have a responsible adult supervising minors while they swim in the pool or use the hot tub. Tenant is hereby notified that the pool or hot tub can be dangerous and tenant accepts fully the risks involved. Tenant is further notified to be cautious when exiting the rear of the home as the pool is open and in close proximity to the entry ways and can be a hazard. There are no rails to prevent a fall into the pool.
- Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws but there will be no discharging of firearms.
- Tenant agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
- Tenant shall use the property for legal purposes only and other use, such as but not limited to, illegal drug use, abuse of any person, harboring fugitives, etc. ; shall cause termination of this agreement with no refund of rents or deposits.
- Tenant agrees not to access the “owner’s closet”, even if unlocked, which contains cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
- Tenant is advised that if the property contains a gas stove and cook top, gas heating, gas grill, and other gas powered items and will seek help from management if the proper operation of such items is not fully understood.
- The property has a fire extinguisher installed near the kitchen area. The fire extinguisher was fully charged at last inspection. It is the duty of the tenant to inform management immediately should the fire extinguisher become less than fully charged. Tenant agrees to use the fire extinguisher only for true emergencies.
- The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
- Tenant is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
- Tenant shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
- Valuable items left behind by tenant will be held for the tenant and every reasonable effort will be made to contact the tenant for return. If items are not claimed for longer than 6 months they shall become the property of the Landlord. The Landlord shall not be held liable for condition of said items.
- Satellite TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Landlord. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to TV service. Any tampering with the arrangement of the satellite box and additional devices that result in loss of satellite service that require a technician to be called will result in a service call fee. The attachment of other devices to the system is at your own risk and the satellite system must be returned to its original operation. Failure to do so will result in a sservice call fee of $50 to $100.
- High speed wireless internet is provided as a convience only in some cabins and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
- Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 70 degrees and heat shall not be set above 75, and that the fan setting shall be “Auto”. Doors and windows shall be closed when either heat or air conditioning is in operation. Upon departure the heat should be set to 55 degrees and the AC to 80 degrees. No air conditioning can be on at the same time the gas log fireplace or wood burning fireplace is being used. No fireplaces are to be used any time the outside temperature is 60 degrees or higher.
By booking online you are accepting this Agreement.
(We) agree to abide by the above conditions and hereby swear that the information provided above is true: